• What kind of music have you been listening to recently?
  • How do certain songs or artists make you feel?
  • What is your reaction to the essay you read and the song you listened to? Had you heard the song before? What did you think of the writer’s analysis of and reflection about the song? Did you agree or disagree with what they said? What other thoughts or feelings do you have about the song?

• What is your favorite song right now? Was it included in the 25 songs list? How did you first hear that song? Did someone share it with you or is it from an artist you follow? What do you love about the song? Are there certain lyrics that you find powerful or moving? Is there something about the beat that you like dancing to? Does the musician’s personality or identity resonate with who you are or how you identify?

I mostly listens to gospel songs and sometime Fijian and country songs. Most of the time when I feel down I usually listens to Gospel song to help me cheer myself back up and it’s t help me engage emotionally with the words. Since I’m away from home listening to Fijian musics helps me when I miss my family back home and also just to get some Fijian Vibes.

For song #23 called “Redesigning Women” the artist quote “plenty of women toil half of their lives in the kitchen, which means they can throw together a dish

plenty of women toil half their lives in the kitchen — which means they can throw together a dish with a lot more depth than a sad, wilting bowl of lettuce and a couple of tomatoes.

#21————Walker knows something about the smoke-and-mirrors game of self-expression in the digital era. Last November, she canceled 20 concert dates because, as she put it, touring “doesn’t really coexist with my social anxiety and introverted personality.” On social media, she can seem confessional and spontaneous, leading some to accuse her of faking her anxiety. Both her music and her persona remind us, finally, just how much digital communication allows us to control narratives, for better and for worse. The person on the other end may never know why you didn’t post a picture or return a text — or how many selfies were deleted before getting one that told just the right story.