Lion Befrienders Initial Post

I chose the service Lion Befrienders as it was something I carried on from last year and was very passionate about doing. One of my goals was to be more extroverted and confident when meeting new people and talking to them so I felt this service would help me do that. The service has been something I’ve always been keen on doing and being able to continue it from last year has been very fun as with all the new changes in IB this was something that stayed constant. Last year I was one of the oldest people as there weren’t many Grade 11’s or 12’s in the service and this year I still am so I feel a responsibility to be a role model for the younger kids and that’s something that’s pretty scary but exciting. I’m very excited to be working with this service again as it makes me think of my own grandparents and how I would help them if they were in the same situation as the elderly people we work within the service. I also am excited for the challenge to possibly lead the service as the one ofb the oldest people there I think I should step up to the challenge. We had one session where we actually got to meet the people we’re befriending and it went quite well, although most of it was a presentation we did get to introduce ourselves to the elderly and some bonds were formed already. In this session I was able to plan and lead several of the activities we did as I have had some experience in the service before.