Reflection on Remote Learning

This COVID-19 Pandemic has caused massive ripples in everyone’s lives, impacting certain people more than others. I am lucky to have not been directly impacted by it but know of people who have. One of the many changes it has incurred includes a different approach to learning, i.e, ‘E-Learning’

Remote learning has been very different as compared to the traditional methods of going to school, and not just in the format/ means through which it is taught. Due to our exams being cancelled, the school had to change the focus of our workload to more skill-based transitional content, and while some people found this redundant and a waste of time, I greatly appreciate the effort being put into the assignments given to us as I believe they hold valuable lessons that can help us through our two years in the International Baccalaureate.

This new format of learning has not been easy, however.  The distance and lack of communication between the teachers and the students create the problem of too heavy a workload, and because quarantine has left me unmotivated and lethargic, almost in a vegetative state of sorts, I find myself sitting idly by as more work gets piled on to my calendar, forming this sort of leviathan beast with potential to burden me greatly

Overall, I believe with a few adjustments to how I manage my time during the day and at school, I will be able to fully utilise the resources given to me, complete my work on time, and not let my incessant tendencies to procrastinate impede my ability to achieve a good amount in a day.