Tabitha 1st Impressions

When I joined the GC I was very conflicted wether I should stay or go. I wasn’t sure of a couple things: I didn’t know if it was going to be enjoyable since no one I knew was joining this GC, I didn’t know much about the Tabitha and what they did (all I knew was from the description in the activities page), and I didn’t know if it was going to be one of those groups that sat around and did nothing for most of the year. I was truly contemplating leaving the GC when at the beginning we only watched a video about the organization, which I thought was very unproductive. However learning a little more and more about Tabitha motivated me to stay for the sessions with the video, and at the end I was proven wrong and learned a lot about the organization.I saw how everyone worked together and the efficiency of the group. I am much more sure about the GC now than I was before and I’m glad I didn’t chose to leave. While staying at the beginning was a struggle at first, it has paid off. I still have to improve my relationship with the people in the GC. I don’t really talk to them unless it’s necessary, which I know from experience can lead to communication problem in the future.