This week, Saanvi and I were in charge of the planning the session. We started off with a ball game because we thought would be an energetic activity. Most of the clients enjoyed a lot, but some of them were kind of bored.

For the next activity, we chose to lantern making. I could tell that my client, Ri Shik, really enjoyed making the lantern. He really liked red, and he also really enjoyed cutting the lantern into straps before turning it into a circular shape. However, he got bored after a while so he wanted to move on to the next arts and crafts. When our clients were done with the lanterns, they made coasters with paper plates. But after he finished, he was bored and didn’t really participate in anything. So I think for next time, we should plan something else they could do after they finish.

Another aspect we could have improved is that we were late. By the time we arrived to the classroom, all the clients were already seated and they looked bored. This is because we had to go down to the service office, which delayed our timing. Next time if we get to plan the session again, we would be more prepared, because today we had to make an activity on spot.

-Kelly