Kahaani

This year is my fourth year of high school and my fourth Kahaani. This was the first major dance production I had been apart of and I joined it because I loved the unique stories the show had portrayed through dance and raising awareness of a worthy cause.

As someone who was too afraid to dance in grade 9, I decided to start off as an emcee
From grade 9, I wanted to continue and be apart of this event every year. This has shown my consistent commitment to this cause and this show. I’ve stayed involved in it every year, no matter what.

As the entire dance is a partner dance, something I only did for half the dance last year, it’s been difficult. Working in collaboration with a partner for the entire dance is hard especially when you both know different sections of the dance and forget others. It’s important that we keep communicating when things are difficult. That is why, we have arranged timings to practise on our own.

Below is a short preview of one of the four mini dances within our large dance. We have managed to finish learning the entire dance in the first three sessions. I am looking forward to it all coming together for the final show.

IMG_2990.TRIM-1b1i4i1

Learning Objective- 4 COMMITMENT (Showing perseverance, resilience and commitment in activities)

Learning Objective- 5 COLLABORATION (Working together to achieve an outcome)