FINAL REFLECTION

LO 7: Considering the ethical implications of actions

I was looking forward to project week. We were all eager to do it that by the start of the year, we were almost at the peak of our planning and ready to leave anytime. This changed the moment a gigantic barrier fell in front of us. The COVID ’19 Pandemic. The school decided to cancel the project week amid the pandemic and this automatically meant that there was no more project week to do. I would like to accept that the coronavirus pandemic made all of us upset but even so, I think there was actually more that I learned from all the planning and preparations we did. We were not necessarily the ones who decided to cancel the project week but having cancelled it was ethically right because it meant we did not put other people’s lives at risk or have them put our lives at risk from infections. It ensured that we took part in the fight to prevent the virus from spreading. However, we had conflicting opinions amongst ourselves about the cancellation of the project in the sense that some people thought it was safe since we were going in small groups and weren’t necessarily going to mingle too much in the wider community whereas others found it to be a justifiable decision. Some even wanted to do the project week on their own. Nonetheless, as time passed, the world experienced more and more cases and that was when we started appreciating the dangers of travelling and finally managed to get the project week out of our minds. Overall, I reckon our project week would have been a great one indeed based on the project we were going to do as well as how heavily prepared and eager we were to do it.