Playing the Viola In My School’s Musical – LO 4

This year I am thrilled to be taking part in the school’s musical AIDA. I am so grateful to have been selected to play the viola in the pit band. It is truly a one of a kind opportunity that I am sure will be a highlight of my year. While rehearsals have only recently begun, I have put in a lot of time and effort preparing the pieces to ensure that the rehearsals go smoothly. What makes this experience challenging is that it requires a lot of commitment and responsibility. Being a member of the band is like being part of a team, everyone needs to show that they are dedicated and willing to put in the hard work outside of rehearsal time so that we don’t let the team down. This relates to the fourth learning outcome of CAS as I have had to persevere and demonstrate initiative. At the beginning of the year, I set myself a personal goal to challenge myself and step out of my comfort zone. I struggle a lot with nerves especially when having to perform in front of a big audience.┬áBy taking part in this experience I hope to gain more confidence and prove to myself that I can overcome these challenges.

Learning Outcome 4:

Show commitment to and perseverance in your CAS experiences.

moor35800@gapps.uwcsea.edu.sg

Latest posts by moor35800@gapps.uwcsea.edu.sg (see all)