I have been playing tennis outside of school for two years now. What was a new sport that I initially fumbled at, has now transformed into ones of the sports I enjoy the most. The time every week, I dedicate to playing tennis, is the time I tend to cherish the most. It gives me the opportunity to stretch my limbs and go into the sun to have enjoy myself, but also also better my skills at the sport.

Tennis  is a one-on-one class with my coach. This personalised coaching has helped me pick up skills faster. My prior knowledge of table tennis has also aided my progress. I sometimes compete with some of the other students of my coach, but I do wish, that there was more competition with different people. This would enable me to understand my true capabilities and would give me the opportunity to meet more players. As I am a competitive person by nature, it would able probably push me to improve myself. Hence, it is something I will definitely look to incorporate into my training, be it by joining pre season sports in school, or though external competitions.

In general I greatly value the importance of sports, especially outdoor sports. I have involved in track and field, basketball, table tennis and badminton previously, and i believe impact  of sport, as a natural form of exercise, exceeds the impact of a gym. Mobility, fitness, agility and being able to work as a team, are all skills that sports teach.

Hence, tennis is definitely one of the sports I would like to continue to do, in the future.

This is a brief video composed of some clips from a tennis lesson

Learning outcomes discussed:

LO1 – Identifying your own strengths and develop areas for personal growth

LO2 – Demonstrate that you have undertaken, developing new skills in the process

LO5 – Demonstrate the skills and recognise the benefits of working collaboratively