In ToK Class we talked about the scientific method and how it can lead never lead to a absolute truth.In order to reach an absolute truth you need to falsify a lot theories in order to reach one theory.  A lot of theories explain about the extinction of dinosaurs.  Few scientist believe that extinction of dinosaur is related to the falling of meteors while some believe due to volcanic eruption. A lot of theories are accepted as an idea for extinction of dinosaur due to the theories explained and supported by scientist.The acceptance of the theories  is all related to the facts and evidence provided by the scientist. Different theories suggesting different ideologies has lead to a lot of arguments and debates. After reading the article I feel theres no accurate theory that suggest that the reason behind extinction of dinosaur . Theres always a kind of uncertainty associated with each theory. Each theory is based on its hypothesis based on observations and supported by facts to prove it. Its very difficult to explain the duration of time of the extinction of dinosaur and then associate anyone of the theory with it.  To prove any theory we need to consider the variables related to evolution. If any of this theory is disapproved we need to revise our models. Thus coming to a definite truth is difficult .

1. Nick
    Sep 26, 2018

Thank you Aaliyah. I was aware that this assignment might be a stretch for you as you develop your English, but I had confidence that you would give it a good shot – and I am delighted to see that you did just that.

Your point about ideologies is correct – and this leads us to the point that science involves humans, with their beliefs. We do not *just* follow the scientific method – we bring all sorts of values and judgements to it. We will come to this point in the next class – about how the human factor is so important.

Reply