Activities and Service

To this day, I have done many activities and participated in services. Let’s start with ‘service’. Service is an opportunity for anyone to do good to this world, to help the needy and to make the world the better place. While that might sound vague, the service a person can do is different. We play our part in the process, and only together can we achieve the goal. Since Grade 5’s willing hearts soup kitchen until Grade 8’s Global Concern: Blue Dragons, I have put my best efforts to maintain my part in service. Grade 5 was compulsory and we had to help out in cutting vegetables and packing food for the elderly… many who may not have had the same privileges as us. Grade 6 and 7 were both made up by GC: ISF (Indo-China Starfish Foundation), where we helped children in Indonesia with their education in an overall supportive and fun environment. Finally, last year I joined GC: Blue Dragon, with a similar focus as ISF. Blue Dragon’s aim is to support the education of most, if not all, of Cambodia’s 4.5 million children. However, an addition to this service later in the year was to support women’s rights and equality, as in many areas in Cambodia females were prone to being sexually harassed or trafficked. Same goes for children. As it is a very unsafe place, our job is to educate people and raise awareness to help in situations as such. This year, I am willing to participate in Sunbears GC (as it was recommended by a very good friend of mine from a grade above) or a 2-term after-school service, as I always commit to lunch-time services.