Activities and Service

I have participated in many activities since I was young. The earliest activity I have done was playing the piano, at the age of 3. Because of this, I still have a passion for piano, and I am advancing to Grade 7 piano this year. I have played many classical pieces and performed in numeral concerts, both invitational and open… and frequently performances in music schools and my own school. I am a brown belt holder in karate and have a gold certificate in safe swimming, which means I have met all the requirements to save a drowning person and to swim long distances. I had to swim 2km straight to achieve this as well. Math has been a passion for me, and even though it is academic, I have participated in numerous mathematical competitions, including (ASMO, AMO, AMC, UKMT and Gauss). I was too old to compete in SASMO by the time I realised I could participate and SMO is still a challenge for me. I went to the MATHCOUNTS Trip to Shanghai 2019 to battle with other schools. This was overall a great experience and I learned a lot about math and how people work their way out of problems.