1. Reflect on your successes from the first half term of the year. What things have you done well in terms of taking care of your wellness and academic growth?

The first half-term has given me an opportunity to settle into the IB lifestyle and establish effective routines and systems that will support me throughout the rest of the course. Academically I feel as though I have been able to manage all the tasks and responsibilities of my classes, even among the 4 HLs. Although there have been a few times of increased pressure and assessments, I think I navigated those times to the best of my ability and performed in the way that I wanted to for all the tests. In terms of wellness, many people think that overindulging in activities is threatening to your wellbeing; I take the opposing view, the times where I am the most relaxed and happy is during my activities and sports which allow me to be active and creative. This term I feel that I was able to choose my extracurriculars effectively so that my days were well balanced and gave me enough time to relax and unwind.

2. There is always room for improvement in everything that we do. In the second half of the term, what actions will you take to improve your wellness and academic growth?

Moving forward, I think that I should improve or pay more attention to my sleep schedule. Although it is nothing major and I feel that I am getting adequate sleep, I do often feel exhausted nearing the end of the week. I feel that in tweaking my schedule it would allow me to maintain energy throughout the whole week and improve my mood daily. Additionally, when studying and revising I want to try to be committed to the task and reduce the amount of multitasking I am doing. I feel that this adjustment will allow me to be more purposeful and effective in my studying.

3. What have you learned about yourself in PSE?

PSE is a very anecdotal class in the week. It allows me to take a look at myself in a very critical and constructive why that I would not have otherwise considered. I feel that the Johari Window helps me acknowledge more hidden aspects of my identity and reflect on how I am perciveed by others.