How have my academics been this year compared last year

This year has been a big change as compared to last year. Last year our academics were not based on what each individual wanted. The arts and our humanities were a less spaced out and not specific to what each person needed. Last year we covered different units in humanities which may have been similar to things we do in Gpers this year or maybe in History. Instead of being more spread out depending on what each individual student wanted to learn, everyone had to learn the same things. I feel that this year since each person can choose what they want to learn it makes it better for them as now they learn what they found particularly interesting. This year I chose to do enterprise and I wanted to focus more on business and other aspects as opposed to the historical or geographical units which we started to look more into in middle school. As a result of choosing specific humanities, this means that the work os more specifically focused on a specific area and follows a theme throughout.

The second change that is different compared to last year is the fact that we have chosen a specific art compared to the 3/4 that we had last year. In the specific art that we have chosen, we have it twice a week and have more expected work for outside of class. Something that not only affects our art choice but also our humanities choices is the fact that we now follow the Cambridge IGCSE system and we are preparing to learn the syllabus and preparing for the exams that we will be writing in 2020.

Personally, I have found that these academics have been more challenging and as the coming week’s progress, it will only get harder. I feel that I will need to time manage my self better as well. The difference compared to middle school is that now we have an end goal that we are working towards (being the exams) but before we only had to work towards our reports.

Overall this year has been a much bigger change for academics as now we have more specific subjects and the end exams for the course in 2020 the amount of work for us to do is more and now we have also had a choice in what we personally wanted to do.

2 Comments

1. I really agree with your points like how this year is similar but different from last year. For example you said that last year there were stuff which we did in humanties are similar to the stuff we do in history and Gpers, That is true since I do history as a subject. I also agree with the idea of having subjects to focus on and I feel it is better for our future since we chose those subjects. Keep up the great work Aditya.

2. Hi Aditya!
    You say that this year we have a goal to work towards with our academics (our exams). Do you feel that you were less motivated in middle school as we only had reports? If so, it might be important to set goals for other parts of your life such as sports and activities. Sorry, I feel like a therapist. Ok bye.