Personal Statement

When I was eight years old, I had the biggest change in my life. I moved schools. I was scared and sad to leave my friends behind. Up till that point, I had never moved anywhere, I was used to my routines and I had never done anything like this before. I was always the youngest in my old school and it always felt weird to me when I was around people that were older than me. This move was intimidating and I was frustrated at my parents for making me move, however, in the back of my mind I maybe hoped to make new friends and have new opportunities. Maybe this move would be for the better and I could benefit positively from this.

To me, life is a journey that you can not prepare for but instead, it is a journey of experiences that happens when it does. When I think about the future it is unclear to me what it holds and personally, I am excited by that. The move allowed me to be more open to change and it was the right step in allowing me to see change as being a positive thing rather than a negative one. Another thing that the school move helped me with regarding the future is that it taught me how to be independent and resilient because moving anywhere for the first time was a big challenge but as I overcame that I was able to learn these skills which are skills that will stick with me for life.

The way I plan to achieve my aspirations would be to learn from new experiences and to accept change as a positive experience that will ultimately lead to a positive outcome. In this case, by experiencing more and learning to accept change I will be able to be more confident and I will be more independent which are two important skills for the future which, no matter where I go will always be useful.