After listening to the talk held by the TWC volunteer and UWCSEA parent, Seema – the single most important thing I drew from the talk was that even though we may not be fully aware of the extents of such social classes, they certainly do exist. And from my understanding, the categorization and division of people into the ‘migrant workers’ and ‘expat workers’ classes are only greatening in length. Like all other students at UWCSEA, being kids of ‘expat workers’ enables us to have a greater amount of freedom and comfort in our day to day lives – unlike the great majority of ‘migrant workers’ who do not receive the same privileges and are forced to live under unpleasant circumstances. One thing that I found interesting was the TWC2 organization rarely ever handed out donations or sums of money to the workers as they felt as though providing meals and compensation for basic necessities was of higher importance than supporting conspicuous spending. In a way, I do agree with what they are doing and how they are choosing to do it, as it not only seems ethically right but gives the workers a good sense of independence and motivation to keep on fighting. Seema also quoted that “There needs to be more assimilation within society.”This connects to real life in the sense that usually when we encounter a migrant worker, we have the pre-set perception that they are dirty, dangerous and often frowned upon by many members of the community. Moving forward, one thing that we all need to keep in mind is as Seema quoted: “Without the contribution of migrant workers, the progress and development of Singapore would not be possible.”