During the IB options evening yesterday, I felt as though I was able to further clarify some of the subject choices I had been slightly unsure about. Especially seeing as I didn’t really know whether to take HL psychology or HL bio, through talking to some of the students from previous years, they mentioned that it was important to take subjects you would enjoy as it would mean that you would perform better. Therefore, I made the choice to take HL psychology over HL bio seeing as I have more of a passion and interest in psychology instead of having to fulfill an HL slot. As well as that, I was still unsure about whether to take SL analysis or applied math. However, upon talking to my math teacher, he recommended that I take SL applied maths as it would better suit my humanities based subject choices that did not really require pure maths. Despite SL applied math being considered as math studies, I found that it would apply more to business than SL analysis would, and as I predicted to enjoy it better – I was able to decide on the form of math I would take.