Name: Ashia

Previous Math Experience: SL IGCSE Maths

In terms of the feelings I associate with mathematics, there are often times where I feel slightly anxious and stressed out if I am unable to solve a problem. However, there are also times when math provokes a rewarding feeling – specifically when the effort I have put towards solving the problem pays off. Therefore, I am somewhat nervous and excited to start this course as I know that it will have its fair share of rewards and challenges along the way. As such, I usually learn maths best when someone explains their working to me than if I were left to struggle on my own. Due to the fact that sometimes I may feel slightly frustrated and demotivated, especially towards applying new concepts. Where in the past, when I have encountered misunderstandings in the subject – I usually turn to my peers and teachers for advice – seeing as they can provide the necessary information for me to correct my mistakes and build upon prior learning. Looking towards the first few weeks of grade 11, I feel as though my biggest strength in learning would be being a good self-manager as I am quite self-driven and will make an attempt to put my best effort into everything I set out to achieve.