Within my chosen activity, rock climbing – I feel as though I have developed skills of risk-taking, perseverance, and time-management. For instance, I have learned to step out of my comfort zone and attempt to finish routes that may be above my skill level in order to develop better coordination, balance, and strength. Additionally, by taking part in competitions I have been able to put myself under pressure to achieve my desired outcomes – and as a result, have learned how to handle my nerves in stressful or tough situations. Not to mention, I have also demonstrated perseverance during training sessions as rock climbing can be quite a physically and mentally challenging sport. Physically, I may sometimes feel too tired to complete my conditioning program after a long session of climbing – even though strength and endurance exercises are vital towards building a strong foundation for my climbing. Mentally, I often face challenges when trying to complete routes that may involve big, dynamic movements for fear of not being able to catch the tile, or not being able to complete the route. However, by repeating these movements and pushing myself to jump higher, and push harder each time – I have developed a different approach to tackle many challenges head-on. Lastly, by learning to develop better time-management skills, I find that I have been able to maintain a good balance between school and sports. As with any sport, attending training sessions are of utmost importance, and even though it may prove slightly stressful to fulfill these commitments, there are strategies that I have used to organize my schedule and stay ahead of tasks by setting aside time to study for tests, and complete homework.