LO-3.Demonstrate how to initiate and plan a CAS experience. Students can articulate the stages from conceiving an idea to executing a plan for a CAS experience or series of CAS experiences. This may be accomplished in collaboration with other participants. Students may show their knowledge and awareness by building on a previous experience, or by launching a new idea or process.

I started out with the High School Science Society in grade 9 and have made it all the way to grade 12 where I am now in the position of Chair. Throughout my four years in this activity, I have seen it grow and expand in the college. Each year, as the leaders changed we have had to further adapt it into a more encompassing organization.

This year, as Chair of the society I have had the role to initiate and reform the society through many meetings with the teacher supervisors and hours of planning alongside my team-mates. I’ve crafted proposals and session organizations from scratch suited to previous years’ feedback and engagement levels.

Being in this society since the day it was founded really allowed me to adapt and initiate this CAS experience so that it would benefit our community as whole where we paid full attention to every detail in order to articulate our goals to spread our love of science within the study body.