Musical Influences

The musical influencer that I find the most interesting is a computerised instrument called a ‘Fairlight.’ I find this very interesting because I really like the way the sound of something random can turn into an interesting piece of music. Another example would be Peter Gabriel broke the glass and Kate Bush used it in her songs. There are also many other random sounds that also come together to form a great piece of work. I liked all of the musical influencers very interesting but I mostly enjoyed learning about how different types of music forms can come together to unite as one to form an amazing piece.

3 thoughts on “Musical Influences

1. I really like that you had embedded the video that you were referring to because it made it a little bit more interesting. I also liked the fact that you had not only one but two examples which made it interesting as well. However, I think that you could have added a little bit more meaningful and give some insight into how you really felt about the pieces of music. another aspect that I think you could develop is to make the layout and the actual site more exciting by maybe adding a different background just to make the reader more intrigued by the site. All in all, I really enjoyed reading your post, good job!

2. I think you could have started the intro with a bit more of a hook and although I like listening to a lot of instruments I agree that the Fairlight is a very ambiguous choice but it is for sure an instrument that shocked the music industry and changed it for the better. I wonder though what sort of instruments do you think we would have if we did not make the Fairlight?

3. This is a god comment, you did great in informing us about your stance on this topic and it was really cool how you embedded your video and wrote about it using references. Also great site lay out, looks very professional and makes it very easy to follow! Good job.