My first English F.O.A

• My videos

I have already shared the Videos with Ms.Markham, however, the file size exceeds the limit for this website.

• Your friends’ roadmaps of your talk

I have shared these also with Ms.Markham as they cant be added here.

• Your own reflection

What you did

I did a presentation of the jargon used within the M.M.A community and how it has used in everyday context. I then analyzed the linguistic devices used within my community, In addition to this I stood up and told the presentation to a group of 4 inside the language rooms. My presentation represented a community I am passionate about and I answered all the best questions from the O.L.P for my further oral activity.

How it went

In general, I think it went well and I achieved what I wanted to. I wasn’t as succinct as I would’ve liked to be however my use of .language was eloquent. I ended up reading a lot from the screen towards the end and because of this, there was a lot that I missed that I would’ve liked to say. I also didn’t feel as confident as I would’ve liked to be with my presentation. I am pleased with my organization because I was prepared a few days in advance and thus I could practice. However next time I will rehearse it a lot more. I feel that this is quite a big hope but I would be really pleased if I could achieve a 6 for this presentation, however for the first presentation, I believe that a 5 is more realistic and still quite difficult to get.

What feedback did you get

From my classmates, I got that it was really good and that they liked the visuals and the clear layout of my presentation however next time they would really like to see more analysis of individual words and also more use of linguistic devices in my analysis. I also got told that it might’ve gone on for a bit too long so I should make it shorter.

What do you need to focus on for future language study/ FOA/ presentations generally?

I think next time I would rehearse it more and use more linguistic devices in my analysis of this community. Also in retrospect, I should’ve made the layout of the presentations more clear and added a bit more structure. I also would have chosen an easier subject to focus on because other subject seemed easier to research because i chose quite a small community. In order to solve this issue what i would do is create a list of different ideas that i could pursue as for the first time i was quite excited and just jumped into it.I think it is easy to pick out my flaws however for a first I.B presentation i am proud of what i accomplished.