Tagay Basketball and Sports

Since I was in 8th grade, I have been playing for the basketball league my dad has been playing in since I was little. In middle school I used to play a lot of basketball especially in 6th grade where I lived and breathed the sport. As time went on, I started to drop out of the sport as I lost interest and by 9th grade I actually quit the sport. Although my father still signs me up every year for our local basketball league.

This recreational basketball league is mainly just for local filipinos who are looking to play basketball with other filipinos. I honestly find it quite interesting because sometimes my parents introduce me to people who I have never met before but they knew when they were still kids. At the same time the experience of playing against people who are a lot bigger, stronger and definitely a lot better than I am. Actually some of the younger players there are amateur basketball players which I find pretty cool. Since I don’t exactly play basketball anymore except during the part of the year when my dad signs me up for the league, I am not that great as I used to be. With some amateur players being in my team, they teach me a lot about how to play the sport from their perspectives by giving me tips.

The main reason why I stopped playing basketball or any sport in general was due to my mental health dipping which made me lose interest in anything. As someone who was obsessed with basketball, running and playing video-games, I never thought I would stop. It was actually not until the start of this school year is when I started getting back into the groove of things because I am not going to get out of this rut unless I do something about it.

On the very left, is my first year joining Fastbreak Basketball around 6th or 7th grade around when I first started playing basketball. The other 2 images is my first year joining my father’s basketball league in 8th grade when I was old enough to join.