EE Day

Today, I’ve widened my understanding of my EE topic as I’ve been able to learn more about the context of the 1381 Peasant’s Revolt. I focused today on the writing one of my main sections: the role of the Black Death in causing the Revolt. I also began writing my introduction. I researched and wrote about the socio-economic implications of the outbreak of the plague and the way in which these increased class divisions in Britain. This involved learning more about the social aspects such as the 1363 Sumptuary laws which aimed to restore visible class distinctions. At this point, I’m proud of the way I was able to widen my understanding of the historical debate surrounding the topic and finding some useful primary sources such as John Gower. Seeing as my EE is focused on a topic that happened in the Middle Ages, I had initially struggled with finding some primary sources but I’ve been able to do so today. I accomplished more than I expected and end up writing around 850 words. Moving forward, I think I want to focus on expanding my introduction and focusing on the other causes of the revolt such as the rise of revolutionary ideology and the role of the 100 years war. Since my initial question focused on the Black Death, I will also need to find more sources about these other two sections.