RC 2

Throughout the writing and research process, I’ve been able to find a plethora of secondary sources but have had some issues in ascertaining primary sources that represent a wide range of perspectives. Since of the rebels and the vast majority of the population were illiterate and any few records from the lower classes have survived, it has been difficult to find sources that come directly from the peasants and the other rebels. Instead, I’ve tried to gauge their motivations and the zeitgeist amongst the serfs by considering their actions during the revolt, something that has been documented by monastic chroniclers. This issue with this is the disconnect between socio-political sentiments and revolutionary action. However, through trying to cross-reference secondary interpretations and trying to place actions in the historical context, I’ve tried to limit the extent of the gap. I have also tried to take the ideology and political basis of the historian under consideration when cross-referencing.

This entry was posted in EE and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.