EE Interim Record

I switched my subject from ESS To Spanish B. This change was sudden,  but I do think it was much needed. My new topic focuses on the prevalence of misogyny in reggaeton lyrics. I conducted research by analyzing the chart-toppers of 2018 through the lenses of:

1. Subordination of women
  2. Aggressive and controlling presentation of men

Was my research successful?

I would say my research was successful because I was able to make links and draw conclusions (namely, that there is still a clear belittling of women in song lyrics).

What did I learn from the experience in terms of my understanding of the subject area and/or the skills needed to undertake research?

I have to have a clear hypothesis to guide me or else I will waste time analyzing without purpose and a goal (which is what I did originally).

If I changed my approach or strategies during the process, why did I do this?

I unintentionally started my research without a fleshed out research question which led me astray and confused. Once I decided on my lenses through which to analyze songs. I had a much easier time analyzing since I knew what to look out for.

How has my understanding of the topic and research process developed throughout the task?

I was able to prove my thesis correct which consolidated the idea that misogyny is still prevalent.

0 comments on “EE Interim RecordAdd yours →