Sports Recognition Evening S1

As part of the sports council something that comes as a part of our role as members of the council is planning the sports recognition evening. This night is solely for the recognition of athletes after their participation in a season. Awards such as MVP and MIP are given out to players recognised both by their team and their coaches. In order to organise this evening, I have been asked to MC and write the script for the evening.

After writing the MC script, i was also asked to help create the presentation that shows all of the winners and the overall flow of the night. In order for this night to have worked, I had to work closely with others in order to make sure that everything ran smoothly and everyone knows what they are doing.

The process of planning this evening demonstrated LO3 which is showing initiative and planning activities. I personally felt that the outcome of my planning was quite good as the night ran very smoothly. Having such big responsibilities within this definitely challenged my self management as well as balance of school work along with this. As it was the first sports awards evening that I planned, it involved lots of collaboration (LO5) with the rest of the council to make sure everyone knew what they were doing. I don’t feel that there were any main difficulties in working with everyone and believe we were all able to get along well and complete our tasks.