Project week 2018 final reflection

The project week trip to Siem Reap, Cambodia showed me how a holiday can be turned into a trip that is both relaxing and fun along with being active and enriching. I found it truly amazing to see all the historical sites, cycling to each one over the course of two days. The cycling allowed me to push myself, but also allowed me to see the natural beauty of Cambodia from a perspective ordinary tourists will likely never be able to experience. We also carried out service at a school called Krousar Thmey, where we played with the children there, carried out fun and educational activities and also help clean up and improve their learning conditions.

In the end, I found the trip to be very enriching and fulfilling as I was able to contribute to the society I was visiting. By carrying out service and doing a physical activity, it gave the trip a positive sense of purpose and allowed to me to develop as an individual from it.

The trip also taught me how to be more independent, taking responsibility for my tickets, visas, trip planning, my belongings and also being mindful of my friends and the surroundings we were in as we were ultimately responsible for ourselves. Living abroad with my friends for a week without any supervision also taught me self-control, how to be mature and make sensible decisons that would be beneficial for our whole group, allowing us to be safe and secure and also keeping the other group who were living down the road from us in the same position as us as well.

One thought on “Project week 2018 final reflection