BODY PUMP

WHAT IS BODY PUMP?

Body pump is a Les Mills workout using barbells and incorporating many different tracks focusing on different muscles and areas of the body – providing a total body workout.

It’s Monday mornings before school (ew) and Thursdays after school (however, I can’t go Thursdays because I have service); and we’re trying to see if we can book the room Wednesday mornings and get a teacher to supervise if we play the workout track and just follow along!

CAS REFLECTIONS

haha look at my faces below ,i just looove where the videos are paused

NOVEMBER 19th

Skills showed and being developed:

29th April 2019

REFLECTION

LO 1 Identify own strengths and develop areas for growth

I’ve been able to understand my own strengths and weaknesses, which has been most prevalent for example today – we have been off school for a month given April break and then our mock exam period; so returning to bodypump today, I have to understand what I’m capable of and my limits. Instead of going straight into my normal weights, which are quite heavy, I know that I need to start low again and begin building myself back up – otherwise I could hurt myself or strain myself too far. I feel doing bodypump for the last few months and understanding how my body works lets me better understand how to treat it better, for example, if I’m really tired or out of it one morning, I’ll do less weights and respond to what my body is telling me basically. This has been a really important aspect for me – learning to identify my own strengths and weaknesses, and whilst also knowing where I can develop and aiming to push myself in those directions but in a slow and gradual manner that won’t create any risk.

LO 4 Show commitment to and perseverance in CAS experiences

I’ve been very committed, even when I haven’t felt like it. And like mentioned above, going again after a long break can be exhausting and tiring, especially when you’ve worked so hard to build up what you can lift and your cardio just for it to break down in a month of stress and sitting at your desk studying – and having to start from square one. It can be really frustrating, but I think that I’ve tried to stay positive with it and persevered through these kinds of setbacks because I know that in the long run, it makes me feel better and keeps my body healthy.

potte13451@gapps.uwcsea.edu.sg

this is yo gal !! shes in IB now yahh

Latest posts by potte13451@gapps.uwcsea.edu.sg (see all)