Football (Midway) LO1

Football 2018 (Mid-season review)
Learning Outcomes
– Resilience
– Communicator

Having played in two tournaments and 6 ACSIS league games, I am so proud of the boys. Playing with flair, playing for the badge on our shirt is always a great feeling. Mid way through the season and only 3 weeks away from the most important tournament, SEASAC, I figured today would be a good day to spend some time and reflect upon this fantastic 2 month journey. First of all, I am extremely proud of the boys who helped our school win the Stamford Lions tournament, the Dragons Friendship tournament, 4 ACSIS games and draw 2, our unbeaten season carries on into the final 2 weeks of the season! From a personal perspective, I would say that I demonstrated resilience and communicative skills throughout the season through guiding the u19 defensive debutants through verbal and physical demonstration. In terms of resilience, when coming up against opponents that I know are good, I had to overcome the idea of anxiety and nervousness (sports psychology topic) which usually prohibits me from playing to my full potential. Therefore, by getting motivated by my Coaches and teammates I managed to install a sense of confidence and belief inside of me. If I had to be critical about my performances so far, I would say that I still need to give a more consistent 100% effort display whereby after each game I come out exhausted, having given my best in the match. In order to achieve this I need to be more confident in my abilities and push myself more in fitness training and football training. These 2-3 months are representative of LO1, which states that “Identifying own strengths and develop areas for personal growth”. I have seen a lot of growth in my confidence but I am also aware to not be overconfident. In addition, I have also seen positives in my footballing skills, scoring 3 goals so far this season, more than last year, which only motivates me to strive for more and help Dragons do well in this years’ SEASAC tournament. In order to improve I have made the most out of my October break by going to the gym and running 4km almost everyday with the hopes of reaching peak fitness before SEASAC. I look forward to our last league game of the season, Friday Night Lights and SEASAC.

My goal against Dover