Aerial Silks – 7.12.18

We are getting closer to the new year and after a few months of taking my first silks class, I have learnt what I am capable of doing when it comes to strength and flexibility. I do think that every session is a challenge but being able to learn new combinations on the silks is very rewarding. Even though I tend to forget the steps after a week, I hope that I will slowly practice and repeat the things we have learnt the past months.

Most recently, Ms. Chua has demonstrated how to do the Cocoon and it has become one of my favourite things to do with the silks. Moreover, I have improved on my Russian Climbs on the right side but still need to improve on my left side. Lastly, I’m quite satisfied with being able to do splits on the silks with the foot locks and how this skills can be applied to various combinations.

I do appreciate the patience our instructor has because it takes a while for me to remember each step precisely and it does not take much for me to become tired after each combinations.