Jakarta Street Kids: Second Swimdonesia

For my second year in Jakarta Street Kids, I participated in helping for Swimdonesia, an event where people can get pledges and swim to raise money for Indonesian-based GC in UWCSEA (Lo4). This time, I helped with the food stalls such as the popcorn and the pizza stall. During the event, we did have trouble with the machines; the popcorn machine caused power outage and it stopped working completely. So, we had to come up with another plan and decided to use a microwave for the popcorn. It took a bit longer but it did work well. (LO 2)

During the event, I also had to work together to quicken the queue. With the person that I was working with, we had to decide our “roles” during the selling. We decided that she will gather the coupons while I hand out the pizza and food. This worked really well and our lines moved quite fast. (LO 5).

My second Swimdonesia was tiring, as usual, but it was a lot of fun to be able to work with my GC to raise money. It was also a great time to see our new members working together and seeing them work hard for their first event inspired me to continue to work hard and participate, even in my last year in GC (LO 1).

It’s been a great start for my last year in Jakarta Street Kids and I hope that that in the next few months that I am here, I will be able to help make a change for the people that we are working with and for.