Reflective Conversation #3

Throughout the EE process, I stuck with my initial question and was content with it. However, I do think I could have done more research before deciding the factors that may contribute to the suicide rates in South Korea. For instance, midway through writing my EE, I found that genetics and/or gender may also play a role in the issue and research on this area was quite abundant. Meanwhile, research for parental pressure was difficult to find due to the lack of research conducted. If I had chosen genetics or gender instead of parental pressure, it would have been easier for me to research, saving up time to focus on the other areas. The EE process has also helped me understand more of my culture and country. For instance, I was not aware that Korea has the highest statistic for alcohol consumption, which surprised me as the people around me (Korean) does not drink as much. Living far away from my country has made me feel quite disengaged and disconnected with it. So this EE provided me with a chance to reengage with South Korea, making me feel more connected and understanding towards my own country.