Service reflection

For my service I made this video reflection that summarises our entire experience in this half year. I’ve learnt a lot about Alzheimer and I got out of my comfort zone when I had to interact with elder people with a disease, as I never had done it before it was really challenging in the beginning, but by the end of the half term I was really confided and comfortable in doing it making the service and my meeting with the resident even better.

In the video I talk about how I engaged in conversations while setting the equipment to be used. I did this as a way of making the resident more confortable with me, as if he understand he is in a safe environment makes the entire process much more enjoyable and effective. In addition, in Grade 10 during a service trip to a local village in Bintan we learnt that whenever you are working with a group of people, trying to help them, firstly you need to understand fully their needs and interests.

Link

One thought on “Service reflection

• January 20, 2019 at 5:50 am
    Permalink

Taking on the responsibility for making this video demonstrates some of your leadership qualities.
    You mention how you engaged in casual conversations with the residents whilst setting things up. Why do you decide to do that? Why do you think it was helpful?

Reply