Refugee Story (Joy Haugen) Writers Fortnight

This story really interests me because I learnt a lot from what she talked about and I have a good angle that I would like to focus on if I choose this story. I would write about the negative effects she had on the people around her when living in Minnesota. What made me intrigued by this story was one because it seemed interesting to begin with and two because her husband is my Grade 8 science teacher. I can also talk about her life before, in the refugee camp and how it felt like while living there, or when she went to UNICEF.

I expected to listen to a story about a refugee’s hardship in a camp and solely on that, however instead I got an introduction to that and more about how she joined UNICEF and her life in Minnesota. If I do decide to pick this one over the cancer survivor I most likely will go down the Minnesota angle which I think is the most interesting angle of the bunch. I can write about what effect she had on the community and how her community affected her. I will also be able to link what happened to her as a child and her journey through that hardship.

0 comments on “Refugee Story (Joy Haugen) Writers FortnightAdd yours →