Preparation Stage

L01: Identifying own strengths and develop areas for personal growth

L07: Recognise and consider the ethics of choices and actions

Now that we have finished all the initial investigation, we have begun to work towards the preparation stage for project week. Our group has been extremely organised and have met all the deadlines and have handed in all the required forms already. Now we are beginning to prepare materials and finalise our itinerary for our trip. With Blue Dragon, our service partner, we have decided that we will assist the staff there by joining in on their daily activities as well as work with the students there on putting together a performance that they can do when they visit our school next year. To do this, we have to do some research into Vietnamese dance in combination with hip-hop (the style that the children are familiar with) and see how we can use this to help them come up with some steps. I think that this task plays to my strengths, as a dancer, and will help me grow and expand the ways that I interact with dance. It will stretch me out of my comfort zone, as it is a style of dance I am not familiar with at all. I think that it is important that we are very careful from the cultural aspect when we present ourselves. We do not want to inaccurately portray the Vietnamese culture as this could, in fact, harm the bond between our school and Blue Dragon. Therefore, we have to be very careful and detailed with our research first. On the whole, I am excited to take on this challenge and see what results it will reap.

2 thoughts on “Preparation Stage

• May 9, 2018 at 11:12 pm
    Permalink

Why do you think your group has been so organised with project week? What led to this?

Reply
  • May 9, 2018 at 11:27 pm
    Permalink

This is a great reflection, really thinking about why things are happening. What strategies are you going to use going forward to try and Ensure that the students are kept ‘busy’

Reply