What piece of advice do you want to give to younger students?

As a 10th grader, the most important pieces of advice I’d want to give to younger students is to be prepared and learn from your mistakes, not beat yourselves up for them.

My biggest stress last year was leaving my projects, assignments, and exam prep to the last minute. Particularly with essays in Global Perspectives and simple homework tasks, I found that when I began the day my work was assigned and finished it at least two days before the task was due, my stress was minimised. It gave me more time to study for big exams, do activities, and take advantage of my free time, which is quite limited in high school.

When I was in middle school, I thought that exams and grades were going to be the most essential and significant part of my high school life. But, exams are only a small, small part of the experience. High school varies for everyone, but I think that the most you can get out of it are how you learn from the mistakes you make. Whether that be an academic, physical or relationship based mistake, how you learn from it and apply that learning in the future is what matters the most.