Creativity: Guitar Reflection #1

Date: 21st October 2018

This reflection will focus on Learning Objective 1.

I decided to begin doing ITP classical guitar lessons because learning how to play the guitar has been something I’ve wanted to do for years. On a creative front, I enjoy theatre primarily, but I also enjoy singing informally and have never properly learnt an instrument. In order to help increase my musical knowledge and my life skills, I wanted to begin taking these lessons.

So far, I have been thoroughly enjoying them. I began learning the piece September Heath by Martin Fogel 2 weeks ago, and it is my first Grade 2 piece, and my third piece altogether. So far, a skill that has greatly helped me with my journey so far as a musician is organisation. I consider myself to have good organisational, time management, and leadership skills, and it has been incredibly important to juggle schoolwork, activities, and guitar. An instrument like the guitar requires consistent practice, which I have been doing every week since I began learning how to play.

I am hoping to perform in the recital on the last week of November with the piece Magic Flute, which I will be perfecting until then.