Introduction to Enterprise

I think the three most important characteristics of an entrepreneur is being passionate, resilient and committed. First of all, if you’re passionate it influences the product of your work. For example if you put 100% effort in your work, 100% product is what you get. When this happens, you feel more confident in yourself and feel motivated to keep going which ties into being resilient. This is also another important key factor to becoming a successful entrepreneur because, being an entrepreneur means that we will be put into challenging situations and it is important to acknowledge that failing is part of the process. But we can’t just give up, failure is what helps shape us to become successful, so we always need to remember to keep moving forward. I chose commitment as well because in order to run a successful business we need to be focused and engaged. If you’re not committed to your work, it basically shows that you’re not passionate. I think many of the characteristics can be connected and being passionate, resilient and committed are the building blocks to the path of success.

I do believe it is vital to acknowledge all the characteristics of an entrepreneur but something I would like to focus on for the next 2 years is being resilient. I don’t consider myself a person who gives up super easily but, during the course I do think there will be ups and downs and I think it’s important to learn to be flexible and to keep on going even if I feel like nothing is going well. It’s important to believe that things will turn out well in the end.

I will be resilient by first believing in myself even when others are in doubt. It’s hard not to give up when you have little faith in yourself and your self-esteem is low so my first step is to be confident, don’t let the opinions of others bring me down. Then as the confidence level goes up, I think the resilience level will also go up.