Keeping fit at home – Initial reflection

LO3: Demonstrate how to initiate and plan a CAS experience

LO4: Show commitment and perseverance in CAS experiences

When I came back to UWC, I joined the yoga activity, however, due to the COVID-19 situation we have not been able to continue this. Therefore, I thought of an alternative way of keeping fit whilst at home, which was to do quick exercises on a mini trampoline. The reason why I chose to do this was because back in New York, I was running on the treadmill with the aim of improving my cardiovascular endurance and with the yoga activity, we focus on flexibility and focusing on relaxing our body, therefore jumping on a trampoline would be a combination of both of those activities as I would be able to work on my cardiovascular health, relieve tension in the body, while also working on flexibility, balance and coordination.

I decided to commit myself to 15 minutes 6 times a week and been focusing on several exercises such as jumping jacks, butt kicks, twists, jogging etc. Despite the increasing work load, I understand the importance of keeping fit, especially during these times, therefore I make sure I complete my activity. Furthermore, it allows my body to feel less tense and my brain to feel relaxed, which allows me effectively study and complete assignments.