Kahaani Reflection

LO 6 Demonstrate engagement with issues of global significance

LO 7 Recognise and consider the ethics of choices and actions

I am participating in Kahaani this season, an upcoming dance show held yearly by Kolkata GC (which supports differently abled children in Kolkata, India). The girls that they support love to dance and hence, this event is held for them. In previous years, students have performed blindfolded and the girls have flown into Singapore to perform in school for Kahaani.

I have been placed in the dance group representing South India. This year Kahaani will be based on Cinderella and the prince’s search to find her as he travels through multiple states in India. (Kahaani translates to ‘story’ in Hindi!).  One of the dance forms used in my dance is one that I have experience in, Bharatnatyam, and it has been nice to connect with it again. This is is, however, my first time dancing to traditional South Indian music and I will need to work on adjusting my facial expressions according to it. I will be performing during the classical portion of the piece(the other is folk).

Through Kahaani I have been able to engage in my existing love for dance and I have been able to touch back on some dance forms I had previously learnt. It was a refreshing experience that I was glad to have participated in as it enabled me to support the Voice for World foundation who had come to school the day of the performance to spread awareness about what they do and how we have been able to help them through Kahaani.

Posted in CAS