English – Danny Raven Tan

Danny Raven Tan talked a lot about his experiences in life and his fight with cancer. He also mentioned how he went from job to job, which he didn’t really enjoy although he was getting paid more and more. He finally decided to open his own gallery called     ” The Tiffin Gallery ” in a HDB flat. He also wanted to spend more time with his mom who had recently lost her husband and had got dementia. There were a few things that he mentioned that were really important in his life. One of the things included was not giving up on himself and to pursue his dreams of being an artist. I personally thing that is really important as it helps you find out who you really are. ” We are created to create”. I noticed a few things throughout his speech, he talked briefly about religion and how he believes that god made every person for a reason and how everyone is unique in their own way. He believes that having strength, wisdom and faith is really important and that these small things can make you a better person. One of the things that I found quite surprising was that he never told his parents that he had pancreatic cancer, only because he did not want his parents going through all the stress, and that there are bigger issues in the world. He would have to act as if nothing happened when he would get back home from his chemotherapy sessions. As the chemotherapy was too harmful for his body and he felt very weak, he decided to stop it. Believing in himself and not giving up really helped him get through his depression, alongside his friends. On thing that really stood out to me was how happy he was throughout this whole process. It taught me to have a good outlook on life and to be more positive.