“social bubble bath” -IRL

What makes a podcast worth listening?

There are multiple discrete and non-discrete conventions which go into the making process of a podcast. Such conventions enhance not only the listening experience of the podcast, but also the ideas that one becomes familiar with. Podcasts report on a certain perspective usually against the common stereotypes and biased opinions. Podcasts account on different avenues and sources to evolve the audience’s existing perception of the idea or biased opinion. Personally, after listening to this podcast by IRL on the “Social Bubble Bath” I learned that the best podcasts take relevance, and develop the journey of an idea which is not necessarily relevant. 

About “A Social Bubble Bath”

“Online, we call that a filter bubble, and generally, we think it’s a bad thing to be trapped in one. When you’re in a filter bubble, you can miss out on seeing the perspective of others.”

The conventions used by this podcast enhances the intended tone and perspective which the audience is being framed towards understanding. We are being opened up to the other perspectives which are reflective of the uncommon trends of opinions.

“The thing that changed me, or that helped me change and to see things differently, was people who took the time….what’s the breaking point? When do you realize that things for you are different?” is a question I can use for challenge I want to try ….generally, we think it’s a bad thing to be trapped in one….but, there might be another way to look at this. Maybe sometimes, a bubble can actually be useful …. It’s a very plausible idea, and it’s a really important question.”

The style of approaching the question is what matters to me the most as a creator/host because that is what the answers will be framed upon. Here I picked up that in this episode multiple myths and stereotypes are busted. But first, we are given the chunked segment of how this idea is relevant.

“We’ve long heard that the ways we tailor the web for each user, how we search, what we’re shown, who we read and follow, is driving us apart from each other.”

“I wanted to expose myself to whatever they were talking about. I wanted to find accounts that would make me uncomfortable, that would challenge the boundaries of my own belief system and force myself to be exposed to those.”