IRL Podcast – Digital Overload. This podcast has helped me understand the disadvantages of addiction to technology. The main reason I think that technology affects us most is that  “consumers need to realize the healthy and the unhealthy side effects of technology.” As the attention economy drives us around with “bing/pings” there is a problem.

After listening to both podcasts from Tanuj and Pranav’s group, I realised they had similar insights. As Tanuj thought he wouldn’t mind doing the challenge he thought it would be important for learning about other people’s thoughts. My main ideas here resonate with the fact that technology does have a good side where people can learn good things. However, we have the dark side of technology, and sometimes as in Germaine and Chloe’s podcasts, you can see that our attention falls into the trap of the attention economy. Below I have highlighted some of these points and quotes from reputable/published sources to back it up.

Finally, I want to leave you with a challenge. Try to use your phone for only 10 minutes in 24 hours. Each time not exceeding 1-2 minutes. Comment below what you think of that! Would you do it? Would you not? Why? Have I convinced you enough?