Boxing / Muay Thai #1

I chose to learn Boxing / Muay Thai in season’s 3 and 4 as I will be going for NS and they recommend learning a fighting style.  I had never learned how to fight before and this was a completely new skill for me.

I had no idea what to expect in the first session. The coaches asked us to partner up and do some drills and combinations. I worked with one of my peers on this. He was experienced with boxing from before and helped me get my technique and suggested strategies to improve my movement. Collaborating with him helped me realize some of my strengths and weaknesses as well as helped me improve them.

Towards the end, the coaches told us to go to the punching bags for personal training. I was extremely tired and felt like stopping and giving up. However, I decided to persevere through the challenge and, with the encouragement of the coaches, I kept continuing to punch the bag as fast as possible with all my strength. I felt really tired after that but it helped me improve my stamina.

Learning Outcomes Demonstrated:

• Learning outcome 1: Identify own strengths and develop areas for growth
  • Learning outcome 2: Demonstrate that challenges have been undertaken, developing new skills in the process
  • Learning outcome 4: Show commitment to and perseverance in CAS experiences
  • Learning outcome 5: Demonstrate the skills and recognise the benefits of working collaboratively