C EL I NE S H IN

Project Week – Cambodia

Group 46

Investigation I was fortunate enough to be able to go with my closest friends in a group of 4, including myself. We initially proposed our plan with our location as Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam, however, our proposal got rejected due to the many groups that have already been accepted to go there. We established a new plan to go to Kampot, Cambodia, and work with Epic Arts, an organization that our school is closely associated with.
Preparation

All of us had worked with Epic Arts at least once during our school years, whether it was in a drama class or in a music performance. We researched more in depth about their aim and standards that they would have from us. We got in contact with Ms Psillides to gain better insight into some of the activities and workshops regarding various Arts which we could hold for Epic Arts.

Booking our flight tickets was straightforward once we had our whole trip planned out. All of us attended our First Aid training sessions and we managed to get our forms and insurances checked before the due date. We had multiple accommodations recommended by the school, and through our research, we booked the one that was most appropriate in terms of cost and traveling distance.

Action We arrived at Kampot on Sunday (3 June) and came back to Singapore on Friday (8 June). We planned 4 days of Service and Creativity, both incorporated in our plan with Epic Arts. Below is our timetable for the trip.
Reflection Everyday was a productive day for us with Epic Arts, and my group and the people there got very close in a short period of time. Incorporating all of our artistic as well as musical talent and skills, we were able to produce a music video, create Epic Arts postcards for promotional purposes, as well as a theatre workshop for their future uses.

Next Post

Previous Post