1) Write the question and focus on it. Link to Readers, Writers and Texts as well as Time and Space.
2) Introduce your text and ensure there is a common thread throughout the essay. Also, be selective, focus on the writer and don’t retell the story.
3) Be concise. Quote properly and effectively.
4) Ensure to have both literary and topic based sources. Let the experts speak for you
- Be a critical reader of your secondary sources- don’t just take them as fat. Challenge/support them.
- Ensure you format quotations consistently and accurately
Also note: Just page number and year for actual text being written about (in text citations). When selecting secondary reading, go literary, not just historical.
Goal: Challenge and support secondary sources and ensure the sources are more literary and less historical.