LO2, LO3: Local Service Closing Reflection

It’s a rather odd experience planning for something one isn’t going to engage in. As the chair of our local service, Cognitive Rehabilitation with Apex Harmony Lodge, for the past year, I was interestingly involved in preparing the new batch of students in our group for the coming year. This meant that I was planning for sessions with our local service partner, which would likely be conducted online, that I wasn’t going to be part of. My job then was to try and best prepare the group in a manner that they could hopefully apply some of the lessons we’d learned last year to the upcoming year. Which isn’t as easy as it may sound given that we hardly had any people from last year continuing over. What I did in the end was to try and share my experiences last year the best I could and choose new chairs that I thought could best handle their new role. In the future, I would think it would be better if we had more measures in place to encourage Grade 10s to carry over their local service into Grade 11