Initial EE reflection 1

What did I do?

First, I searched up some sample EEs on Theatre to have an idea on what it would look like. I realized that it was mostly research done on internet and about 20% past experiences from the actor researched our the theatre technique. Furthermore, I talked to some grade 12 who have done EE’s last year on theatre and asked them how they came about doing it. They said that they had one research doc where they would COPY PASTE all ideas they found with the link so that they know that on the real doc they will have to change the sentences. It also made it easier for them when they wrote the bibliography at the end. They also said that since there aren’t many students doing their EE’s on theatre the teachers were very helpful and had time to meet with you.

How did I undertake my research?

I started by searching why my subject was important. For method acting, I wanted to further interest myself to this this topic so it will motivate me more. I searched up many different stories about how different people have become a character even off stage to be fully committed to it and improve the acting. Then, I created myself a doc called: interesting anecdotes and copy pasted everything I could find on that subject.

What were the problems I faced?

Some problems I faced is that there are so many different ways you can come about method acting and therefore, I had to make a choice on the examples I wanted to choose. I just chose the ones that appealed to me the most and that I wanted to know more about.

What have been the high and low points of my research and writing process thus far?

Yes, sometimes I have trouble finding different informations as on the website they start getting a little repetitive. So, I change my technique and start talking more to people who have experienced it first hand to get more perspectives.

simon65367@gapps.uwcsea.edu.sg

Latest posts by simon65367@gapps.uwcsea.edu.sg (see all)

Categories: EE