MY MANDALA REFLECTION

A mandala is one of the oldest symbols in the world and one of the few universal ones. It involves working with the dualities in one’s life and in one’s self. One type of mandala is called the sun-shadow mandala and it represents, in part, the contrasts between one’s sun qualities—what is visible and projected—and the shadow qualities—what is interior and inward. These are the characteristics of your identity that only occasionally surface.

Our first ever Gpers assignment which was the mandala reflection expected us to brainstorm our personality traits and distinguish which one belongs to our shadow side and which one belongs to our sun side. We were then expected to symbolize these personality traits and talk about how and why this certain symbol represents who we are.

GOALS- To improve my mandala assessment I would like to-

• further, explain and elaborate my perspective on my personal identity by using these symbols and having appropriate evidence and reasoning to support the symbol used.
  • Accurately linking the vocabulary and apply it to my own individual experiences and behaviors.
  • Use specific examples and specifically state all the personality traits and the influences that have slopes it.
  • Managing my time and having enough time on getting my work proofread and improving on it and reading the criteria carefully.

ACTION- How will you achieve the goal?

• I would intend on working on giving specific examples and further working on the analysis part of the next essay I will be assigned. I am going to work on reading through my essay and having it proofread to make sure I don’t make any mistakes. Using appropriate vocabulary will be one of my top priorities.

INDICATORS- How will you know if you have been successful?

• One of the ways I will be able to measure whether I have been successful and whether I have improved from the previous time is by mostly getting positive feedback from my mentor.
  • Getting my work proofread and considering others perspective